Pages

My Help Cometh From the Lord!

Sunday, February 8, 2015

McCall's 5233 - OOP - Repeat!

This is the same pattern I used for a previous project seen here.  I knew that prior to "retiring" it I'd have to make View A...the "chemise" dress.  CHEMISE -  [shuh-meez] 2."in women's fashions) a dress designed to hang straight from the shoulders and fit loosely at the waist, sometimes more tightly at the hip."
The fabric for this dress is also on repeat.  I first used it to make this Burda Style Coat last year.  In addition to the lovely hounds tooth print this fabric is very warm!  This is the second warmest dress I've made lately, the first, can be seen here.  Who doesn't love a warm dress in the winter time?

I love the simple style of the dress, the boxy (added shoulder pads) shoulders, the skirt vent and the way it hugs the hips just enough.  I initially thought that I would like to add a collar but am glad I left it alone.  Only five pattern pieces to contend with.  I lined it (except the sleeves) with a remnant jersey that I had in stash.

 Of the four views offered with this pattern, I managed to make two.  I can put this one into retirement…at least for now.  I’ve been eyeballin’ View D.   As a workin’ girl, I can appreciate patterns that have multiple options that are simple to make and lend itself to good wardrobe building.
UNTIL NEXT TIME...PEACE AND BLESSINGS!!!





11 comments:

  1. I love the way the dress hangs just as the description says it would. There is nothing like a great classic, I think, especially for a winter dress. And with the booties - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I like it! You look fabulous in it and the boots just "finish" the look. A real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you manipulated the houndstooth but I really love the green accessories you're wearing with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.. Looks fantastic on you.. [and I still LOVE that coat..] Isn't it nice ,when we can visit a pattern for multiple makes..
    Happy sewing and pray you and family have a blessed Sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks very nice on you. No wonder you've made multiple versions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I just love your style;this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this style and the fabric is such a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as usual and your fashion sense is wonderful!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for stopping by! BE BLESSED!