Pages

My Help Cometh From the Lord!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Workin' Girl Cargos - Simplicity 2261

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.  I enjoyed quality time with family.  The men cub made it to and fro' safely, the parents are doing well, the family is good....I'm good!  All is well, Praise God! 

I must admit, it was a little tough getting started this morning after all that chillin' I did with last week, but God is Great!  In the words of one of my faves (gospel artist), Marvin Sapp - "Nevah woudda made et"...without Christ :-)!

I found myself needing more pants in my wardrobe and since I enjoy wearing cargos, I thought I'd start there.  This pattern was pretty straight forward with no complications.  I love the details:  fly zip, top stitching, darts on pockets, pocket tabs, functional pocket buttons and double belt carriers. (didn't get a shot of those for this post - will include with next pair)


This is the second time I've worn these pants (the first time was with a belt and this time without).  I must admit.....I'm feelin' 'em!  Very comfortable! I had hoped to take these pictures first thing this morning but that blessed activity often referred to as work got in the way :-).
  The fabric is Sew Classics Wrinklease Twill that I got from JoAnn Fabrics.  Although I did not get it on clearance (can you believe it?) I got it far below regular price thanks to one of those handy dandy coupons that come directly to my mobile.  They know just how to get you!
This fabric stitched up quite nicely and thread was everywhere.  I am nearly done with the second pair and will probably do a more "thorough review" upon completion. 
Until next time....Peace and Blessings!

16 comments:

  1. Love these cargos!!! They turned out great and the fit is perfect. This is a great style on you! Love how you styled them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic.. Looks great on you and the fit is perfect... What pattern , did you use?
    So proud you and family had a great Thanksgiving.We did too.. [just eat too much.lol]..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make these pants sound so effortless. I like that and can only dream of effortlessness. You did a wonderful job and no wonder you want to make more - the fit is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pants! They are perfect and fit you beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you to EVERYONE!! @Maw - S2261. Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! @Faye - most of the effort was spent trying to get a good fit...still a work in progress! Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said "a good fit...still a work in progress!" ???? You aren't giving yourself enough credit...they fit perfectly!!! Now I'm going to buy some of that fabric, but for sure my pants won't begin to compare with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Judi! Go for it. It may just turn out better than you think!!!

      Delete
  7. You look great. Love your cargo pant. Girl, I need some new pants too. ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi There,
    I love you cargo pants, they look great on you. Thanks for stopping by my new site. I'm getting back into my sewing so, I hope to have something to post soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for stopping by! BE BLESSED!