Pages

My Help Cometh From the Lord!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

EH-BOH-KNEE and EYE-VOR-EE ...V8028

Live together in pur-fect har-muh-nee....yes they do, YES THEY DO!


VOGUE 8028 - Yellow Dress View - Far Right
Okay, okay, so I missed my "don't go any longer than a month without blogging" deadline by a week or so but I have a really good reason for it. Even as I convice myself of the validity of this claim - school is back in session which means I'm back to work! Yep! It's valid! Of course I am trying to get back on schedule! Not to mention the workload that comes with the territory. Anyway, what a GREAT year it is going to be. This year, I'll be teaching juniors and seniors. They tend to be more serious about their studies, unlike in years past when I'd taught freshmen and sophomores. Not to say they are not serious just not as much. So we'll see how well I'll be able to manage my time. Any proven methods would be greatly appreciated :-). Moving right along........


Unfortunately, this is not the best "side" shot but it's all I've got. I've gotten a new photographer, Virginias' sew blessed son-in-law. My former photographer, Virginia's sew blessed youngest grandson has returned to school. Is it just me or do you just love....sashes, belts and buckles....OH MY! The only thing about sashes is that they get all twisted, usually in the back, as you will see in the next pic. Still love em!

Remember the story about this fabric?....well I knew that I wanted to make something REALLY cute after what I went through to get it. Well...., how'd I do? Back view. Heark....who goes there?

This is a very simple dress to make and I like how the boldness of the print lends itself to a bit of drama. I added piping around the sleeve cuffs just because I did not want this detail to get lost in the print of the fabric. Canary yellow piping.....HELLO! I've had most of the dress complete except for the buttonholes and buttons for - I don't even want to say how long. Speaking of buttonholes......OMGoodness, I'd forgotten how tedious they can be. I have a machine that really makes them on its own but making sure all of those markings (this dress has 7 buttons - pattern actually calls for 8 but I did not want to button up my neck) were on point.....JEESH, I might just be sticking to zippers. LOL!!!!


Everybody loves the SUNSHINE!!!!!!! In my eyes? Not so much.

Can't talk and take a picture at the same time.....well you can - but if you do, it might look like this! LOL!!

I REALLY like how this dress turned out! It has some weight to it and it is very comfortable too. I will do a thorough review on PatternReview.com. This is a GREAT wardrobe builder that I will definitely be making again! Take care and God Bless!

5 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog after seeing you on flickr. Just wanted to tell you again how much I love this dress. Thanks for the inspiration. It's just what I've been looking for for fall. Now to get some great fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for stopping by! BE BLESSED!