Pages

My Help Cometh From the Lord!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

HEAVENS TO ETSY...Another fabric story

Okay.....so I decide that I want to begin a project.  I've thought about it for some time and feel like now is the time to do so.  I go to my stash and....SIDEBAR TO THE STORY:  I recently read that a sewing blogger had way more fabric than she could ever use in a "lifetime"?  REALLY? YIKES!!!!  What a frightening thought - for me.  I want to be able to use ALL of the fabric in my stash!  Now it becomes a challenge to do so! Besides, when I use it all, I'll have a legitimate reason to go out and buy more.....BACK TO THE STORY:  I find something - right there in my own stash - sound familiar?  I'm feeling pretty good about it.  All I need now however, is a compliement fabric for the lining......hmmm...nothing in stash.  Suddenly I notice the partially competed slip from Vogue 1160..........SIDEBAR TO THE STORY:  which by the way I wanted to complete this past summer - I know, can you believe it's about to be Fall season ALREADY? - but it will probably be this winter before I do so.  I won't be able to wear it until next summer but I'll think of it as "out of season" clearance project (I did manage to get the fabric on clearance and well.....it will be out of season)......BACK TO THE STORY: - THAT'S IT!!!!  That gorgeous charmeuse with just the right touch of blue.....THAT's the fabric I want for this project.  Oh what a vision I have for this project.........back to JoAnn Fabrics.......What?  SOLD OUT?  Okay....no problem, I'm a quick learner.  I learned from my last "fabric story" that a girl can just go online to JoannFabrics.com and order what may or may not be in the stores.  What?  SOLD OUT?  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  Okay so now I have to re-group AND re-think the vision.  Wait....let me try one more thing.... the World Wide Web.  I remember the name of the fabric collection so I type it in and  TAH-DAAAAAH.....I found it on Etsy (catchy huh? perhaps I should have used it to describe this post - you must know by now that I am always in search of a catchy phrase). So, a BIG shout out to the creaters, buyers and sellers at Etsy....YOU ROCK!  The project continues.......stay tuned and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for stopping by! BE BLESSED!