Pages

My Help Cometh From the Lord!

Monday, August 22, 2011

"Trouble" by Boucheron Paris

Let me start by saying that I love fragrances as much as I love fashion.  The sharpest, classiest, most elegant, sophisticated, or even casual outfit is incomplete without a great smelling fragrance complimenting it. 
TROUBLE by Boucheron Paris
Remember the good ole' days when liquid fragrance samples were readily available? One could really feel a fragrance out before committing to a purchase. I don't mind spending a pretty penny on a fragrance but I like to have an opportunity to "try it out" first.  Those liquid samples allowed me to do just that.  Nowadays, fragrance cards abound but unfortunately they don't have the same effect.

I've decided to use this forum to share my "fragrant" experiences with you. Feel free to chime in, object, add to or.......whatever.  I know some of you have experiences of your own and I'd love to hear about them.

According to the House of  Boucheron Paris, TROUBLE is "a precious and heady fragrance" consisting of "Citron, Fox Glove, True Jasmine, Caesalpinia, Amber and Blue Cedar".  It JUST smells good!  A floral and fruity scent with a touch of musk.  Perfectly blended with the other essentials contained therein.
In addition to perfume spray, perfume oil, body lotion and body milk this fragrance also comes in a perfume solid which I just love!  (you can see how it is packaged in the picture above.  I opened the top of the body milk bottle so that you can see how it opens.  For the longest time I was removing the ENTIRE top to get to the product - DUH!) 

The nice thing about this fragrance is that you can sometimes - and I stress sometimes - find the body milk or body lotion at Marshall's making it more affordable to layer the fragrance.  Careful though, the body milk is a bit strong itself.  I usually mix it with an unscented lotion for a full body application.

Fragrance layering can get very expensive when purchases are made "a la carte".  That's why I appreciate fragrance gift sets so much.  And guess what?  They aren't as plentiful as they used to be either.  I find that they are available more so during certain times of  the year, i.e. Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc.  The other nice thing about a fragrance set is that you may even get a "free gift with purchase" bearing the "House" label.  LOVE THAT!

Boucheron has two more luscious fragrances that I could talk about:  Boucheron and Jaipur Homme but I'll save that discussion for another time.  My motto for fragrance wearing mimics the American Express Trademark - "Don't Leave Home Without It"!

Until next time..........Peace and Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. I can almost smell it. Wink, wink. I can't leave home without spraying a little perfume on my chest and wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boucheron is my favorite fragrance! Whenever I wear it I always get compliments. I usually try to pick it up at a discount store (like Marshall's) or on Ebay as it is pricey.
    BTW: I love the clothes you make, and enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for stopping by! BE BLESSED!