|Both front and back look exactly the same. This is the back. When I don the skirt I will show all views.|
|The fabric is really lightweight so I added a lining. I probably should have used a lighter weight fbric for this lining however I used whatever was in stash. It'll work.|
|This fabric was in Virginia's stash! Classic!|
|I know that I will be making another version of this blouse. It is a great pattern!|
THE SKIRT: The waistband was too short. I thought I was going to have to cut a new one. How does that happen anyway? I actually went back and checked the pattern piece to be sure that I had not cut the wrong size and I hadn't. Frustrated, I set it aside. Didn't even want to deal with it at the time. (Sounds so trivial now...as in NO REASON for this to have been an unfinished project).
THE BLOUSE: Initially I wanted the flounce to be on both sides of the blouse. Without giving it much thought I tried this design only to realized that I would need to add a front band to attach the buttons to. Uhm....didn't want to go that extra mile at the time so.....I set it aside. I know right?! When I picked it back up, several weeks ago, I detached the flounces and used the second flounce as a lining for the first. I got this idea from a reviewer on PatternReview.com who made a gorgeous version of this blouse.
WHAT I'VE LEARNED IN THE PROCESS:
With the skirt I think that had I not been sewing as much as I have recently I probably would have cut a new skirt band which was not necessary at all. I just eased the band onto the skirt and it fit. Uhm....there may be a pucker or two here and there but had I not told you....you wouldn't know it! The blouse - one must consider all things when changing a design.
So there you have it. As soon as I get some pics wearing these garments, I will post. I've almost gotten Simplicity 2473 completed. Hope to get it done sometime next week. Until next time......BE BLESSED!