Pages

My Help Cometh From the Lord!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Vogue 8919

The fit is not the greatest and the fabric has a mind of it's own especially after a full day of wear but...I LOVE IT!  
This dress is warm, comfortable, easy to make, has not a single closure and is sure to frequent the Fall/Winter rotation this Season.
 These two medium weight sweater knits are remnants that have been in Virginia's stash since I inherited it.  I knew that I wanted to pair them up somehow and this dress, which is View A allowed me to experiment with the color pattern. 
 I would highly recommend this dress with modifications if you use a heavier knit.  It's designed to be "close-fitting through the bust".  You might consider going smaller at the top and adjusting for a sway back if you've got the curves.  I chose this fabric at all costs and have no regrets.    
 This is a great dress pattern that will serve as a great addition to the wardrobe.  I've gotten my money's worth as I have nearly completed the second of only two views, View B.   The fabric is a much lighter knit and the fit is quite different.
 Until next time...PEACE AND BLESSINGS!!! 



9 comments:

  1. I love these colors on you . Your use of the available pieces made a stunning dress . Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You look stunning in this dress! I really love it! The color blocking is perfect, and the styling even more so! This is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a wonderful job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Great color combination and the BOOTS! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty in this dress. BLue is your color.. Love the boots with it.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two matching dresses - how wonderful - they both look fantastic, and suit you nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for stopping by! BE BLESSED!